Thursday, November 11, 2010

10 road miles does not=10 trail miles....

I am still paying for that one! I decided Sunday (not sat, too fn cold all day) that I just did not have Carrier and Haywood road in me so I almost backed out of going at all and E suggested Bent Creek. So, I took Blue and headed to trail run. Well just let me say right now, it IS NOT the same! Up up up for at least 4miles. I would not stop going forward till I hit 5 or I would have surely stopped and not completed my 10m 2'41" p16.08 for the day. So onward and surely upward I went, trying to run some up hill which, again, is totally diff than running flat or down, I took B thank god or I would have had no one to whine too! One does know now why they have road and trail shoes. My arches from road shoes are hurting, trail shoes have firmer bottom, I will for sure do that next time. Ok, yes, It was very hard and I thought I wanted to die, my legs would hardly move by the bottom! But, I would prob do it again...maybe on my down week? or is down week supposed to be light for a reason? Anyway, I am paying for it still. I couldnt move on Monday, so did nada, Tuesday was my Bday, and busy all day so did nada. Wed---decided I HAD to do, I went to swim and core AM at gym and ran 4m in 52.03 p13.01 at Biltmore. Running in the dark is rather diff. This morning my back is killing me! Not sure if I didnt stretch or what but it is muscular for sure. Yest was speed work: I love speed work! I get to run like a kid, for 20". It feels so freeing. 10x20" at fast.

Schedule: Wswim/coreAM/4mPM, Th4m, Sat11. Changed total miles to only 19. Down one from last week, since I changed sat to sun it changed my rest day and after 10 trail, I so needed rest!

Gear: Need to use trail shoes for trail, need firm bottom or arches hurt

Weight: 151. I broke this morning and did it. I have been saying all week, if you have to wonder if you have lost weight, then you havent. So i should have known. I deserve ONE pound, I DO! I guess if I dont get my intake under control I will have to run 20miles/wk my whole life! This is crazy. Then E calls with a story of friend 60yrs old that just lost 15 cutting out meat/dairy. Not encouraging, although she meant it to be. I dont want to hear other success stories right now! eerrrhhhghhghghgh!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment