Monday, November 22, 2010

12 is sooo much farther than 11....

Started out to only do 11 Sat, but candy I had on wed led me to the 12 I had originally planned. Prob a mistake. I ankle and behind my knee really started hurting by mile 10. So much that I was limping on right and left, right knee, left ankle......hurt less to run than walk so I did. which prob led to more injury. Its Monday am and my knee still hurting. I will be soooo pissed if I get this far and injury starts! Maybe too much....I have done 9, 10, 10, 10, 11, 12 consecutively now...so glad this is down week. Not sure what I should do really. It is Thanksgiving week so I will miss the end of the week for sure. The run was relatively good however, I did it all around downtown while people getting ready for parade so I had quit the distraction for the most part. I was in and out of downtown, river district, to carrier and up my fav State st....I was good. 12 in 2'49", p14.03. It was good, I felt strong. If I can feel like that race day, I'm good to go. 14mm still slow but can get me 3hour race if I push jist a lil from here on out! 15 weeks to race time....still excited for most part! Hard to maintain enthusiasm when you are doing alone.....but it is MY thing.

Schedule: M3, T3, W2, maybe sat 2 or 3. Depends if I can get up to go before we leave.....

Nutrition/Hydration: found my run combo I think.....G2 gatoraid pack in water and reeces cups, 1 every hour. Seemed to work better than that intense sweet gels or chews, and a lot less expensive!

Weight: 149.5. I got it down but Im sure this weekend with chips and beer and IHOP ruined THAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment