Saturday, October 23, 2010

10miles?

Yes, i did all 10miles in 2'20"59sec ahahaa, pace 14.06. Little slower than Monday but still less than 15 so I am good. I am wondering if the human body is supposed to go that far at one time? This morning I am soooo sore. I must confess to not doing any of my short runs this week and took the 10miles to reflect on why and what I have learned:
I am really trying to be the person that gets that every day is a challenge and we all have something to work on continually. Mine obviously is food. So it started with last weekend, drank and ate party food, it just did not stop. Papas and Beer 2x this week, lots of sweets, basically there was no filter. none. I'm Sick. I mean I was really sick. overate and just felt crappy. I have not felt sluggish and tired in the afternoon like this in a really long time. I am truely understanding the "u r what u eat". I feel it is sooo true. I have already decided not to drink, I just get mean, eat, and want to sleep immediately, then , if that isnt bad enough, the hangovers are torture, I get so sick now. Its just not worth even the one or 2 drinks, not fun anymore. So, now to remember what bad food does....nothing for me. I felt so tired I could not muster the energy to run 3 miles, just 3 lil miles.
So this week was disapointing to say the least. I have paid for race, lots of money on clothes for this running (new season, new clothes, and of course the summer ones are on sale!!), plane tickets, room deposit, lots of time and energy. I aint quitin!!
So its off to the beach to see the Blue Angels for my bday....42....wowzza, thats old. I hope to get E to the beach for some sprints hahaha!

Nutrition/hydration: As you see above, its all about the nutrition! bad food=no energy. other note: I did not have any gels today so I made a G2 lemon lime packet with my water ( I usually donot like) but I knew 10miles I would need something, and it was not too bad at all. I started sipping on it early about mile 3 and was out (160z) by mile 7, but ended up doing ok. I will use it again with some chews. The gels just sit too hard in my gut, make me want to hurl. Chews hard to chew but give me something to do for a min too.

Schedule: Not even sure what it is, Down week I know that. I hope to focus on short runs with speed and tempo drills. Finally learned tempo means speed up just a little, faster than long race pace and hold it for several miles. Teaches muscles to go at faster speed. Maybe some quick drills on beach!!

Gear: Run keeper it is! Free app with phone and I put it between my boobs, in my bra layers, works great! Does all I need it to. New bras! Found one I like, so I bought 2 at Bali store for 17$ each and shorts on sale 15$ each. Not too bad, now Im done for while......except for the tights I'm going to need soon!

Weight: Once again, we just will not talk about that. or do it....see original reference above.

No comments:

Post a Comment