Monday, October 18, 2010

for my heart and pixidust....

That is why I run....
I have embraced the fact that I will never break records, except my own and not by much even then! I went 3days without running. Skipped my Sat long run d/t out too late and just plain tired, slept will 1040 sat morning, and E didnt have to work Fri night either....
So Sunday I was to go with a friend about 9ish but Sat also lead to beer, too much junk food and out till 1AM at a club with way too loud music. You should never make promises of phyiscal activity when drinking btw!
So I finally got up this morning....not really wanting to go even yet, but I got online and the Princess web site, purchased my non refundable plane tickets AND reservations to Port Orleans French Quarter for 5 nights at WDW! So....with new motivation, I got dressed and immediately felt ready to go. Something about running tights and shoes makes me feel good and ready to go.
Technically I was to do 4.5 m today but since I skipped my 9 sat....it was nine today. 9m in 2'6" pace 13.59. I did a lot of my skooting today, feet close to ground, leaning forward, you just kind of fall into a natural run. Seems maybe 3days gave my legs time to recover, although they were really tired by the end! Longest run yet. only 4 to add to it for the race!
I am still very excited but having some motivation issues. Its really getting hard doing it all alone. It would be nice to have some running commradary really at this point. The runs get longer, it takes more time, right now 6-7hrs a week is really a lot.
I just have to remember that all this is for my heart, health and a little magic.....for lifetime exercise. It truely is the first thing I have not quit. It has now been 4 months straight and Although I have my moments of UUUGGHHH, I still go and still like it! I love to run....I love to run.....when I run I feel healthy, happy, confident, gliding, light, slim/trim, strong, confident, GOOD......I love to run. I love the high. I love the exhileration. I love to run. Thats my mantra....chant it when I get tired.....It works, even if for a minute.....

Schedule: 9M, 4.5T, 4W, 3Th, 10F.....Vacation to Jacksonville beach S-M!! I had up to 17 miles on long runs before the race but after today of 9 and 2hrs, I really think I am going to rethink my schedule and stop at 15 for long runs. I feel Several weeks of that should make me ready. Lets hope.

Gear: Sent garmin back, usb cable did not work. I was dissapointed but can spend that 200 somewhere else. AND I found runkeeper on my new phone (that I pay enough for) it works very well. I just set it, put it in my bra and check it everyso often. I downloads to computer so I can keep up with it. Cheaper, just a little more inconvienence.

Hydration/nurtrition: been experimenting with gels, chews. So far I hate the gels, they hit my stomach like a ton of bricks, I can actually feel it hit my stomach, then nausea sets in. The chews are more inconvienent by far, the chewing and all, but it does give me something to focus on and do for couple minutes! Doesnt make me sick and I can divy them out when I want them, orange lemon/lime. I think I will carry a small disposable water bottle for the race, I tend to drink a lot and want it when Iwant it. I'll use that in addition to the water stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment