Saturday, September 18, 2010

"Just Decided"

A good friend of mine posted on Facebook last night that she is going run a 1/2 marathon THIS morning! How is that possible? you decide the night before to run 13.1miles? I have been training for 8 months ( I added it up: Jan to May, then July to Sept, we are ignoring the 2months in between, its total of 8, I'll take that). OKOK she is a professor of exercise physiology and works out and runs like a banchy, but damn. Alright, Im just jealous!
So for rest of week 10: It went pretty smooth, I did my time and my miles on TM. I can always make myself feel better on TM, I rock it pretty good. Did some more speed work on Wed and Thurs did my CE (core eliptical machine that really works the legs and cardio and core) and ran too. Today was pretty good, first 7m in 1hr 42" pace 14.57. Hey, as long as I'm below 15 Im good! I was pretty tired today, it was hard for miles 3-6, 7 not so bad. I'm like a horse headed for the barn....I pick it up when I know its in sight! My legs were pretty tired, but I have been working them pretty hard too and worked 8.5 hrs staining my deck yesterday!!. Cardio only a problem coming up the hill.
I hit a surreal moment, realizing I really was at 7 miles! Like, I really am going to be able to do this! I really enjoy it, even the agonizing moments. My goal this week is to do Monday AM and see if that helps me pick up the pace, waiting until later does not work.
I love that I am able to focus on the run: on form, occ I will go the alphabet game and pod for couple songs. It takes most on my energy to focus on form, which I might be tweeking somewhat, tucking my ass in but leaving the rest alone.
Somebody said it looked like I was reporportioning, and could I see any muscle? Well, no I said, I have to get rid of the layer of fat first!

Gear:New FILA work tights, capri length. Not so much, they are not too tight so they slide and just end up with a low crotch. I hope to use them for layering when gets colder---dread.

Schedule: Week 11: M4, T3.5, Wct, Th3.5, Sat8=19. No change during week, added 1m to Sat.

Weight: Have not weighed but it is the first week I might be able to tell a smudge diff in my clothes


No comments:

Post a Comment