Thursday, September 23, 2010

Week one, day one....

Sure feel that way this week! Monday was awful, 4m. Tues was just as bad, 3.5m. Yesterday I went to gym, really wanted to get my 5days in this week. Next week is "down week". M and T I tried my expensive membership to Biltmore House property, did their trails. Thought it would be great because they have mileage for them,, but low and behold, nobody could really tell me where the mileage started, or how the trail went (2ways to pick from). I guess most people on vaca dont really give a shit about mileage. I was pretty pissed though that no one even bothered to find out. So Monday, I got no time, supposed to be 4miles, but whatever it was was prob the longest and hardest 4 since I started. I was so tired, sluggish and hot. I was hoping that earlier run (10) would yield to better, not. So Tues I decided to do the Lagoon trail, lil paved trail that leads to House. I was feelin so goood when I left work, all light and airy, ready to run! I was great right up until I picked up my legs. Shit. Just like M. What up!?? i ask the universe, WTF. So I kept going, as any good runner would, 2/1 for first 1.75 (turn spot) then 3/1 for 2, then sheeet, walked for like 5, then 30sec/30sec to finish. I acutally finished 3.5 in 49.27 pace 14.07. I was so sure that was a mistake and the mileage had to be wrong that I drove along the path, glad the rd when right along with it, and it really was right at 3.5. So not really sure if my 2/1 was faster than I thought, which certainly would explain the completely out of breath for 2" at time! Does make me feel a little better.
So when I got done I really had to dig deep and remember that I am doing something. More than I was doing and more than a lot of people. I am excited that I can do anything! Just pushes me to push past the fatigue and still make my goal. I swear though, If this happens on race day, just shoot me! I have attributed afternoon lag and heat as part of the culprit here.....
So, yesterday, I went to gym. Determinded to get my 5days in this week, (only 4 for past 2 weeks, been skippin my CT day for no good reason really). Did leg weights and SWAM! I do forget how much I love the water until I get in. Its the prep for it I hate, its just so.....wet and annoying when you get out, but man while I'm in I just love it! So....I have already psyched myself for the Danskin Tri at Disney in May! well, that is my thought. As much as I love to run, I know my joints need protection and something else to do,,,,,I am getting no younger! So that I think will be my next adventure. BUT, lets get through this beautiful 13.1m run first!

Hydration/Nutrition: finally got those gel packs and some chews and some beans. Got like 8 packs, all different styles and flavors to try. I figure with 8m, it will take me 2hrs, I will need something.

Schedule: M4 done, T3.5 done, Wct done (yeah), Th3.5....for today.....will do.

Weight: havent but first week I might see a SLIGHT change in body. E told me she would tell me when I look like I might be below 149....so I'll wait

No comments:

Post a Comment