Friday, September 24, 2010

never underestimate 30/30

So After my terrible 2 days M and T I decided to try something new. I have been reading on disboards forum about the Galloway method, run/walk method. SO after I tried it at the end of T run I decided to start out with it and see if I could increase my run time starting out slow. So off I go, run 30sec, walk 30sec. Did this for 10", tried to do 45"/3o"w, only could do a few of those. SSHEW, I am not sure if I am just tired, or its hot in the afternoon, but that too kicked my tail. Although I did it, all the way, I was happy to stop. This running and finding your rhythym is much harder than first imagined. Still, I am glad I am going, and glad I am going and going and going. I do feel better about myself.
I also decided my head tapes are completely negative this week, d/t being so tired and lagging....that I needed to re evaluate my purpose and goals. I run because it makes me healthy and feel good, decrease heart risk, loose excess pounds. Too look good, yes, of course, but to be healthy inside mostly, not a reason I would have had 10yrs ago! Got my Lipids back today and VWALOA, looks good, total 208, HDL 72, LDL 119, ratio 1.62, trigl 82. Must keep those awesome numbers as I get ...gulp....older. SO.....I run for health, and weight management and to finally reach a goal! Not for fast time or break any records, but to feel good. And feel good I do! Remember that! I am doing it, I really am doing it, will it take me a little longer than most, us Eh, but I knew that going in.

Hydration/Nutrition: So had first had experience with something that I already knew was true. I did not eat good Wed night, just had protein shake and handful of nuts, did not get to eat anything until lunch, so by then I am starving. I eat my good healthy lunch like a good girl, then it goes sprialing out of control....2 cookies, ok not sot bad. Go run 3.5m, go home w no time to eat, go out and get starving, eat crap, Cheeseburger (however good and yummy) and OR, with extra mayo. Got very nauseated in middle of night. So, Not eating on schedule really plays havoc with my healthy diet. I have absolutly no will power when I am starving. Today back on it, all health.

Weight: Still have not weighed, although I can tell a little body change, just slight but I will take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment