Friday, July 16, 2010

Rest day yeehaw!!

I am aware that is a pisspoor attitude for a new runner but....my legs are tired! Yesterday was short run (now you know when I say run, I mean jog and walk??), make no mistake, there is no real running yet. I have actually made my own version of a training schedule for the next 32 weeks. This is week one. I started off with 11.5 miles this week and increase my mileage by 10% weekly. So this does not sound too bad until you reach say week 20 and the mileage is 10miles and you know it will take you, like 5 hours, at the pace you are going now! I may have gotten a little aggressive on the increase but I'm doing what the book says to do for now, adjustments come later. I have decided to really give it more effort than before and push....they say, don't you just love "they". In this case 'they' is the publishers of my Marathon Bible---David, Forrest and Tanjala. They assure me it does not matter how slow you go as long as you go and finish. Welll,,,, I beg to differ but Disney says it does matter how slow...you must keep a 16 min/mile to not get 'swept' of the course! Well how completely humiliating would that be! OOppss lil girl, youre just too slow, get in my lil golf cart and I'll ride you the rest of the way.....
I onward and faster.....at least a little. My long run tomorrow 3 miles. I had high hopes of running 2.5 yesterday without rest, didn't happen, but did run a good 11 min without stopping. Of course picked up several 2-3"intervals, I dont want you thinking I'm a total slacker LOL! Tomorrow 12" x1, 10"x2, total of 3 miles.
Schedule: week 1: M-3, T-3, W-CrossTrain (CT), TH-2.5, F-Rest, Sat-LongRun 3, Sun-R/family activity day. This week Navitat for ziplining and repelling!
Thanks for Listening

No comments:

Post a Comment