Saturday, July 24, 2010

Week 2 at close

Week 2 at a close today. They sure are going by fast, meaning only 30 weeks left until the infamous race! I'm excited but when I'm on that trail, I'm nervous! This week has proved challenging in many ways. First of the week started out pretty well. Took Tues and Wed off, did 3 miles at park Thurs, and you can see how that went. To be able to get in my miles this week I had to go on Fri too, not optimal with Sat being long day, but I AM determined to keep up with my mileage, 12.5 this week. Elena wanted to go with so we went to gym and I did TM. I ROCKed it! actually ran 30", 2miles without stopping and it did not seem at all difficult. So i had my mojo back, until I hit park this morning 630.....once again the wide open road had its challenges. That first 15 felt like my first run ever. I tried the visualization, nope, the positive comments, nope. I did try the new technique I read in the bible though, coming up with a phrase of optimism that did seem to carry me for a few min.. "I am a runner. When I run I feel graceful, powerful and light. I love to run. I love the high. I love to run. I love the exhileration. I am a runner. I am strong and confident. I will run and finish this run strong. I am a runner." That really does help. You can just imagine yourself gliding along effortlessly, it makes you pick your head up proudly and let the sweat drip off your face with pride. So I did it, 4miles, me and Oscar, my protector. It was Super! Nothing like finishing what you start.
Nutrition/hydration notes: did 18oz water and 12oz soy milk 45" before run, that really helped. Had one bite of cereal bar about 1/2 way through, it kicked in about at the end. So, hydrating did help for sure, need to try those gel packs on long runs and early runs cause sucking down a dry sugary cereal bar did not work!
Gear notes....E bought me new socks yesterday....awesome nike running socks, thin like I like, driwick, with a band that hugs your foot at the around the middle. just on the ankle. not to high,not too low. Love them.. Always wondered what sock hype was about...now I know. Found mine! Now for rest of wish list.....new shoes (tried the brooks Trance 9 yesterday. felt really good, great forefoot cushion and toe send off 140$), garmin forerunner 110, and i'll be set. I'm doing it today....I am registering for the Princess 1/2 marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment