Monday, July 19, 2010

That first mile.....aaaarrrgggg:(

What is it about that first mile that makes you feel like "what am I EVEN thinking??" My legs feel like they weigh 1000lbs each and my lungs are going to explode....but its funny how if you just keep going past that first few min you reach a sorta, spot, that you can keep going and really kinda feels....good. I can not believe that I am back to the same run time as I was when I quit 2 months ago.. Mind over matter. Its amazing. I was kicking myself for quitting, maybe its all for the best, I may not have realized how much I could really do. So today was 3.1m in 44.50". Did some speed work--1" @4.8, 1"@5, 1"@4.8 in first 15" run, w5, repeat . total 44.50" for 3.1m. this after core/leg weights.
Then.....there is the whole food issue. I am, as I said 20+lbs over my ideal. I have been really cutting back, to very healthy. No sugar, minimal lowfat dairy, no processed food....whole grain, vegs, fruit, lean meats only. But there is so much info out there its hard to come up with the correct ratio of carbs to protien to fat....there's all the prerun, postrun and all the time in middle! What, when, how much! I know I know....just want to be healthy....so Im trying. But I really do not want to get obsessed....so where is happy medium?? Any ideas?
In the meantime....I keep plugging, keep running and keep my optimisim>>>>
thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment