Saturday, August 28, 2010

1/4 Marathon done...check

so this week has been quite the challenge....still not able to get my mojo back at all this week. Tues was good, then got really busy with work rest of week. So....I was doing the alphabet game in my head toward end of run and got to "O" for 'obstacles' ...so I took the time to reflect over the week to determine my obstacles over the past 2 weeks so see what problem is with my mojo. I used to love to brainstorm....what I came up with Time, Stress, Energy. I quickly let Time go, I have the time, not something most people can say. Stress and Energy----Big stress at work just messed my up. What I need to do is realize that my measslly 45" run will Decrease that not add to it! And Energy....I am a big sleeper and like my rest. SO if I dont feel like I'm getting that, its hard for me to muster up the energy to do anything. How how how to mentally overcome those obstacles???? That is the question. It is all mental that is for sure. Stress. Must keep focus on meditation when running, this is an awesome stress release. Energy. I get plenty of rest, be real. There is not a day go by that I dont get to sit and rest. My job is not that stressful. I can get my ass up in the morning and go for 45" run. Esp after this morning. I was out and going at 630. It was still dark, crickets chirping, light muffled sound of traffic on highway, sound of quiet, it was truely super! I just have to remember that when I dont want to get up! I had already quit this morning until I got woke up at 530am and just layed there thinking about Disney, the marathon and how very very sad and disappointed I would be come Feb I was sitting at home. My thoughts: Y is it so important for me to finish this race: 1. I paid for it. 2. Its Disney and an excuse to go to WDW! 3. Thinking about the race and all the MAGIC. 4. I need to finish something I start. 5. I need to the exercise, I do not need to be an all or nothing at this stage in my life with exercise, I have to do it for me, its a lifestyle not just a race. Its a lifestyle not a race. Its a lifestyle not a race. That's it!! If I miss a couple days, just pik it up and go.
Todays run: SUPER 6miles in 1hr 30". I know now I can do the 1/2 Marathon in 3 hrs, even walking some. I ran more today than ever, I am practicing the chi running and doing pretty well. I was able to actually run 52", more than ever before. I think it is combo of chi, new shoes, and took advantage of the downhill, even though I did do 4" up hill this time.

Schedule: Week 7 LR ended well but over all only got in 9.5m. Week 8: M4m, T3, Wct, Th3, S6

Nutrition/hydration: still using my water bottle, have to remember to relax my arm with the bottle. Drank before and that is working well. I had good carbs last night and that took me through my run.

Gear: shoes, doing ok. My lil toes start going numb early but get better as I keep going. I have make my hole in my bunion side. Otherwise they do fine.

Weight: i have no idea. Feels maybe at same or 1-2 down but afraid to step up until Iknow down.

1 comment:

  1. Check out the Body Bottle (http://www.bodybottle.com) - its the most comfortable option out there. It straps to your arm, and pulls off easily. Definitely more comfortable than water bladder backpacks, waist-belt bottles and handhelds.

    Check it out: www.bodybottle.com

    ReplyDelete