Saturday, August 7, 2010

End of Week 4....

Boy time is flying! Today is end of week 4....it was supposed to be 3 miles but Thurs started raining during my run (which was fine with me) my SO and dogs did not appreciate the humor in the wetness in lieu of hot n sticky....so only did 1.25 for their sake. I added the extra mile today, made it 4 . Got like 11.25 in for rest week....I can sure tell it made a huge difference today too, the down week I mean. I was able to go longer without rest but did it with my 'skootin' method and E calls it. It is somewhere between a walk and run...close to ground, uses more glutes and quads and less calf action, AND less cardio. When I started to actually run like normal, I could only go a couple of minutes. Still, I got in 40" of run time out of 1'4" total. That is 16"mile, not gonna keep me from getting swept! So good points today? Went 1/4 of my 1/2 marathon today! Thats totally Super! It was a great run for sure. IF all were that good. I was able to meditate more because I wasnt focused on my lungs about to explode! I am rejuvenated once again! Feel great. I read in my new Runners World the benefits of massage for joints and connective tissue adhesions, so E found us a guy who does for 35$ hour, it was so great!! Today: run 4 miles, breakfast with my sweetie, feel good moment, nap, shower, massage....and its only 3pm. Can it get any better! New shoes would just top it off....

Schedule: 3mile split 46.20, 4miles 1'4". Finish week with 11.25 miles. Next week is back on the up swing. Oddly, I'm looking forward to it.

Gear: Mama needs new shoes, I can tell my great Mizunos are starting to wear.

Nutrition/hydration: I ate chip and sherbet with my grill cheese for supper. Didn't eat before run or during, but did drink some water before run and during. I felt ok, better than trying to eat for me, I just dont do well with something sitting on my stomach, and with delayed empyting?? Drinking a smoothy my sweetie bought while I was in massage, her turn.

Weight: back to 153. Thank god. I am feeling a smudge lighter. I put on fourm about this and one person said it may be my body getting used to new activity and rest will fall into place. That sounds good, we'll go with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment