Monday, August 2, 2010

so begins week 4....

So it's day 1 of week 4. I go to the gym and begin...hard to get the core work going but I do it, then hit the mill. I have decided to do the mill at least once a week, I can pace by workout precisely, run longer because of room temp control, and softer landing. It is my recovery week, meaning 3 weeks increase, one week of recovery. So Im starting out with 3 miles, on the mill I am able to run longer, today did 5w, 20r, 3w, 10r, 3w, 5r. and felt really great. I am finding I am getting a little bored at times, trying to focus on focus, doing the alphabet game has helped (picking a word for each letter, A Animal...I am an Animal when I run, B Beast....as in Beauty and the Beast,,,,so on), coupled with pod, meditation, mantra. Havin a hard time catching my grove last couple days. I really would like to learn the meditation running. Seems it would make me happy to be able to do that and run too.. I am going to get a new book, I can feel it.
I also am really thinking about a 1/2 marathon in Charlotte in Dec, Thunder Road. seems I should be able to do it somewhat by then even if I have to walk. and I think doing one with hills would give me a time to beat in Feb! I run because I feel strong and confident, gliding and free. T=Tinker Bell today, I could picture her flying in front of me, beautiful blue sky with a few clouds, it made me smile and ...float. My legs actually feel really good, not too tired, so up in the morning...get over with in morning.. Thanks for listening.

Training Schedule: Recovery week. M3, T3, Wct, Th2.5, Sat3.5 total 12.

Nutrition/Hydration: This is the one I'm struggling with right now. I thought with long runs I might need more carbs and I couldnt stand the thought of actually eating something, so drinking sport drink came to mind. I have tried that 2x and I just DO NOT like gaterade type drinks, they are so sweet. I have eaten more this weekend and legs feel really good but its not helping th weight issue. I FEEL heavy and bloated and just fat. My gut is just still there! Its been 3 weeks and nothing. I am just not going to change anything much this week and see what happens....cont to eat healthy like the past 3 weeks M-F, then have a splurge the weekend. I will continue to work on before and during run fuel. short runs not such issue, its after 3m it begins to be issue.

Weight: not going to happen today

No comments:

Post a Comment