Friday, August 20, 2010

Windshield or Bug?

New meaning when you are running....sometimes you feel like the windshield, all areodynamic and shit, other days like Wed you feel like the freakin bug...splat. It was probably the worst feeling run I have had in all my pitiful weeks of training. Hot, tired, legs feel like stones. Funny part, I made my self run 2 on 2 off and beat my time! not by much but was 3m in 44.49. It was hot, muggy afternoon, I have found that it is the worst time to go. Really makes you drag. I just have not had the get up and go in the morning, taking Monday off really messed me up. I was going swimming yesterday but work ran late so didnt do that either. I have go 3m to do today before my 5.5 tomorrow. shit. When?

Gear: NEW SHOES! My others were just not working anymore, really worn them down, I do feel I got my moneys worth out of them though. Went to new running store, local flava, I like to support them. The guy was great, friendly, which lacked at the other store. He watched my stride on TM and found I was Heel Stricker! ugg. Not good, must work on form for mid foot strike. I am pretty stable, not much of pronator which is good. Best shoes for me--neutral to maybe mild stability. I tried Muzino shoe in stability that I liked except for spot on right heel that just felt wierd. Tried Muzino Precision, they were nice, until I tried the Saucony ones. Lots more cushion and toe roll. I feel I need cushion for my old bones and ankle support. So 95$ is what I paid today for my new Sauconys. We shall see. Im excited.
Oh and yeah....I put it out there all official and all with some girls at work about the race. Thats scary! New shoes, now people know, Have to make it!!

Schedule: 3 today and 5.5 tomorrow.....shew....that's alot.

Weight: 152.5 I'll take it

No comments:

Post a Comment