Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Week 5....

So already into week 5, 28 to go until Marathon! Feelins good!. I really have embraced the run/walk thing,,,,I'm really gonna be ok if I have to do that. I understand the Jeff Galloway method is all that, run/walk throughout. The only thing about that is I hate the walk. I feel like I'm not getting anywhere, I need to learn when I walk I need to keep the pace up even then. I think I use the walk as too much rest, I need to use it only as transition. I have also picked up on the Chi running, that really sounds promising too. It goes with what I was trying to do with the meditation but also lends for your posture too, makes perfect sense. I find morning runs are easier to use meditation cause I'm not fully awake, it is cooler and quieter.
So....runs....I went to gym yesterday> I still like TM because I can really track my time and distance accurately---TM 3.1 in 45.09, lil better. Did some speed work and tried to increase to 4.3 some of run. WOOOW< color="#009900">Carrier this AM, for 3m in 45.12. Trying to push a little harder for faster this week, Its not that easy to even take off 30" from time! My legs feel a lil tired this afternoon, Gym was afternoon and Carrier this AM, not much break.

Gear:Got me new water bottle with handle! Awesome! works just like I imagined....Really really needing new shoes.. Prob before garmin:(

Schedule: starting back on up week this week. Did some tweeking on schedule too. Heard on Nike site to increase by 5% instead of 10%. that really makes more sense to me...that 10% increase was looking really rough to me. Adjusted and now looks more doable, still having me at over 1/2 marathon distance in Nov. Week 5: M3, T3, Wct, Th3, Sat5 = 14m

Hydration/Nutrition: Did well with hydration with new water bottle. Did drink every 15", and drank about 16oz before leaving house. Did not have to pee at all. Did not eat before or during, that did ok but I dont think I had enough last night so was lil weak by end. Morning runs means little bigger dinner than evening runs.

Weight: 155.5. WHAT is going on????


No comments:

Post a Comment